I had a number of posts scheduled to write this week - an effort to wind all these threads of ideas into one cohesive ball of string - but, alas. Big fat puffy lips have a way of messing with one's plans. So, instead, here are some ramblings; things I meant to share but didn't, now in condensed form:
1. It is an excellent thing to be in a relationship with a man who instinctively knows when I most need to be surprised with jelly bellies.
2. It is also an excellent thing to be in a relationship with a man who instinctively knows when The Kid needs a little extra kick-the-soccer-ball-around attention.
3. I am making slow but steady progress towards redesigning this blog. And it makes me very happy.
4. I have decided that I really, really like the idea of starting my own business. Plans are being made, also slow and steady and mostly only in my head. This also makes me very happy.
5. This is what happens when moms let their kids do whatever they want with their hair: