Friday, July 01, 2011

Things

There are about a million ideas swirling around in my head today, a sure sign that my ailing lips are beginning to heal up. This often happens to me after an illness - I'm down and sluggish for so long that I audibly POP! back into my usual over-achieving, to-do list generating, ambitious self. And now I'm not only coming out of my sick, but I'm coming out of what feels like years of ignoring what I really wanted to do with my life. (In large part because I couldn't quite define what I really wanted to do with my life. Still can't actually, but I'm getting closer.) The double whammy of feel-betterness has my head spinning with frenetic energy and possibilities. Also, the caffeine might've helped.

I had a number of posts scheduled to write this week - an effort to wind all these threads of ideas into one cohesive ball of string - but, alas. Big fat puffy lips have a way of messing with one's plans. So, instead, here are some ramblings; things I meant to share but didn't, now in condensed form:

1. It is an excellent thing to be in a relationship with a man who instinctively knows when I most need to be surprised with jelly bellies.

2. It is also an excellent thing to be in a relationship with a man who instinctively knows when The Kid needs a little extra kick-the-soccer-ball-around attention.

3. I am making slow but steady progress towards redesigning this blog. And it makes me very happy.

4. I have decided that I really, really like the idea of starting my own business. Plans are being made, also slow and steady and mostly only in my head. This also makes me very happy.

5. This is what happens when moms let their kids do whatever they want with their hair:


1 comment:

Soccer Mom said...

My son wishes he had straight hair like that but he's growing his all out too...I used to love guys with long hair myself so how could I say no? Also, I feel like...it's JUST hair :)

Loved reading the things about your guy. That's awesome!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena