As an infant, he was rocked to sleep several times a day to the tune of Ryan Adams. By two, he'd discovered the Flaming Lips and their robots. Next, the Beastie Boys put in a brief appearance, thanks to the influence of a neighbor kid. The following year, he couldn't get enough of Modest Mouse. For the past year or so, he's been overcome with his first true rock band obsession in the form of The Vines. Most recently, Rage Against the Machine has gotten a lot of play, ever since The Kid heard "Sleep Now in the Fire" on the radio. And now the inevitable has happened: he's discovered Nirvana. And when I say "discovered," what I really mean is "listens to the band every night - over... and over... and over... - much as his father did during the entire last decade of the 20th century."
- Day One - you're already here, silly!
- Day Two - learning to fall
- Day Three - a Mother's Day poem
- Day Four - sarcasm
- Day Five - little ladies' man
- Day Six - desirable mate traits, according to The Kid
- Day Seven - on temper tantrums and kidney stones
- Day Eight - on dude love
- Day Nine - on haircuts and freckles
- Day Ten - about a