In honor of The Kid's 10th birthday, I am republishing some of my favorite Kid-related posts. Ten posts for ten years. Enjoy.
SARCASM BEYOND HIS YEARS
Originally published 1.13.08
"Why don't I hear you brushing your teeth?"
"Probably because you're not listening hard enough."
I pop my head into the bathroom to find that not only is The Kid brushing his teeth, but he already has his pj's on and has gone to the bathroom (but forgotten to flush, as usual). "Oh," I say. "Sorry."
"The point isn't to brush loud anyway, Mom. You don't kill cavities with noise, you know."
Relive them all:
- Day One - video of a 5-year-old Kid covering Nirvana
- Day Two - learning to fall
- Day Three - a Mother's Day poem
- Day Four - you're already here, silly!
- Day Five - little ladies' man
- Day Six - desirable mate traits, according to The Kid
- Day Seven - on temper tantrums and kidney stones
- Day Eight - on dude love
- Day Nine - on haircuts and freckles
- Day Ten - about a