Monday, July 18, 2011

Ten posts for ten years: Day Five

In honor of The Kid's 10th birthday, I am republishing some of my favorite Kid-related posts. Ten posts for ten years. Enjoy.

LITTLE LADIES' MAN
(Originally published 1.08.06)

Some of my friends like to tell me that my son's a little girly. While I agree that he's certainly in touch with his feminine side, it takes only one quick peek inside his toy box to see he's also very much in touch with his truck-driving, gun-shooting, sword-wielding, super hero masculine side. So I gently correct "girly" to "well-rounded."

Yesterday required some birthday shopping for a girlfriend of mine, and I had no choice but to drag The Kid along. Generally, he actually kind of likes shopping and usually provides a surprisingly accurate second opinion. We headed into a funky little secondhand shop to browse around and The Kid spotted a very retro little boy's tee that he described as "SO COOL." And he was SO RIGHT, I had to buy it for him. We then made our way to another funky little shop, where The Kid picked out a bracelet for Birthday Girl. He immediately pointed to the one he liked best, and after carefully surveying the other bracelets and ear rings in the display, I had to admit he was right. As I was paying for the bracelet, the store owner commented on his good taste and obvious predilection for shopping, and I started to think that maybe my friends are right. Maybe he is "girly".

Then I turned around to find that he'd discovered a Venus de Milo statue, and was casually cupping her breasts.

Uh huh. Girly my ass.

Relive them all:
  1. Day One - video of a 5-year-old Kid covering Nirvana
  2. Day Two - learning to fall
  3. Day Three - a Mother's Day poem
  4. Day Four - sarcasm
  5. Day Five - you're already here, silly!
  6. Day Six - desirable mate traits, according to The Kid
  7. Day Seven - on temper tantrums and kidney stones
  8. Day Eight - on dude love
  9. Day Nine - on haircuts and freckles
  10. Day Ten - about a boy little man
Photo by Chadica

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena