Thursday, June 23, 2011

Today's fun thing

The Internets are currently full of laments from stay-at-home-parents facing an entire summer vacation with their children. There's probably good reason for this, but as a first-timer I'm (perhaps naively) looking forward to it. Single mommyhood for me meant long, long, long hours at work and only barely enough time at home to get The Kid fed and off to bed each night. Playing together has always been something of a rare luxury, which makes the idea of spending an entire summer hanging out with my boys feel a little like winning the lottery. I'm not even kidding. Especially since I know this could very well be the only summer I have the chance to do so.

So I'm going to enjoy it. Even if it's as exhausting and trying and migraine-inducing as you all make it out to be. Even if The Kid is already driving me crazy with nearly incessant machine gun sound effects. Because I've been missing out on this. Because they'll never be 10-months-old and (nearly) 10-years-old again. And because we are going to have fun.

Today's fun thing: swinging.





My hope is to document a fun thing every day so that when I'm old(er) and wrinkled(er) I can look back and be reminded of that one time I spent a whole glorious summer playing with my kids.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena