Monday, March 01, 2010

The abridged version

I had a post all ready to write about the weekend, but I don't want to. We put the dog down and it was sad and I feel terrible. And the next day, my boyfriend rolled my finger up in his car window. I cried because it hurt. And that crying knocked loose some grief, and then I cried because the dog deserved better than what she got. I cried because I let my ex take her when we split and by the time I took her back, it was too late to save her. I cried because I let her down. I cried because the last thing I did for her was hold her lolling head as she slowly fell asleep forever. And then we got some brunch and life went on. Oh-bla-di Oh-bla-da.

The end.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

that's just terrible, I feel so sorry for you!

Nicki said...

Oh, so sorry to hear that. I know how hard you tried to save your puppy. Believe me, your efforts did not go unnoticed. Every being knows when they are loved.

Alison said...

I'm so sorry you had a rough time of it....but really glad you were able to grieve the loss. I hope that your week is better

lizzie said...

I stop by and read your blog often. I read all the stories about your dog, she was really special, especially when she looked after your son in the woods. I'm so sorry for your loss. Warm and healing wishes across the miles XX

adrienzgirl said...

*sad panda*

How's everything else? You feeling ok?

The Pipster said...

I am so sorry about your dog and your finger. Too bad you can't enjoy a martini.

Tatum said...

Sorry to hear about your furry friend. That is a pretty bad weekend. I hope you're feeling well.

amelia said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Your dog was held by you- he doesn't think about the what if's, who did, who should've- he felt you there, when it mattered.
I hope things begin to look up :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena