Sunday, November 01, 2009

Humble beginnings

For the past two years I've attempted NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month, the goal of which is to post every single day during November). And for the past two years I've failed.

I blame The Man for this.

The first time I tried, I posted every night except that one night I was on the phone with him until the wee hours of the morning fighting about something I can't even recall now. Last year I posted every night until The Man visited for a long weekend and we were up until the wee hours of the morning doing pretty much the exact opposite of fighting.

And this year he's only very recently moved in with me, and I'm not sure my chances of success are going to be any better. It occurred to me, even, that this might not be the best year to try; that this living together thing may be too new for me to spend every evening for the next month hiding behind my laptop, banging my head against the keyboard trying to pound out yet another post. (Which, by the way, is not the best way to write. Turns out it's much easier to type words with your fingers than with your head.)

I suggested skipping it to The Man, who countered with the suggestion that I not skip it. I think he knows I want to do it and, God bless him, wants to encourage me in this endeavor. Either that, or he doesn't want to be robbed of the opportunity to trip me right before I cross the finish line. Again.

Either way, I'm going to give it a shot. And you? You might want to start feeding me ideas for posts now, because I'm surely going to need them around Day 15.

Or Day 2.

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Okay, try this...
I post every day, since I'm still new to this whole blogging thing. (Just completed my fourth month...yay, me!) I keep a bunch of ideas on the side, and I write about new stuff as it happens. It's nice having something to draw from if I get desperate. Plus, it's amazing what you can turn into a post...you know?
Good luck, you can do this! Just grab a 'tini and hunker down.

adrienzgirl said...

You just got to love a supportive man! Good luck!

T said...

I've thought about trying this since I post nearly every day. I think I could do it but I choose not to. I like having my weekends off and I enjoy posting only when I want to. Though... occasionally that's twice in one day!!

:)

Good luck! You can do it!

Juggle Jane said...

YAY!! Good luck!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena