Tuesday, November 03, 2009

And it's contagious

I won't have time for a real post tonight, because The Man and I are going to see Regina Spektor. This is exciting for four reasons:
  1. I kind of have a girl crush on Regina Spektor. Not kind of. She's on my official girl crush list.
  2. The Paramount theater is pretty.
  3. I shall take advantage of the opportunity to wear one of my tragically underutilized party dresses.
  4. I finally get to enjoy concerts with The Man.
While I'm away, please enjoy the song that first got me hooked those many years ago. But be careful. It's contagious. It's contag-UH-ious.

Regina Spektor - Us from The Staus House on Vimeo.

3 comments:

seandemery said...

So how was the Regina Spektor show? I was bummed that I couldn't go (for one reason or another)Can ya give a two sentence synopsis?

sean demery
103.7 the mountain

seandemery said...

So how was the Regina Spektor show. I was bummed that I couldn't go (for one reason or another)Can ya give a two sentence synopsis?

sean demery
103.7 the mountain

Martini Mom said...

There are shows that leave you dry, disappointed at the realization that your favorite artist is nothing more than a recording studio creation; then there are shows that leave you wet, dripping with the talent so liberally exuded from the stage.

Regina Spektor made me wet.

(Heh. How's that for a two-sentence synopsis?)

Her voice is beautiful live; another instrument rather than a simple medium to deliver lyrics. She expertly played the piano, guitar, and a wooden chair (which was kind of mind blowing despite the fact that I didn't much care for the song). And she had Matt Chamberlain on drums.

The only complaint I've heard is that she didn't interact a whole lot with the audience, but I didn't mind so much because she managed to cram in that many more songs. Plus, the socially awkward catcalls from the audience ("I WANT TO STICK MY HAND IN YOUR VAGINA!") lead me to believe that limited interaction was a wise choice.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena