Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Insomnia

My mattress creaks likes the door to a haunted house. Quieter. Less spooky. But far more annoying. Reeeeer, ruuuuuuur, reeeeeer, ruuuuuur. In time with my inhalations (reeeeeeer) and my exhalations (ruuuuuuur). Right beneath my ear. Maybe if I shift my head?

Reeeeer, ruuuuur, reeeeeer, ruuuuuur.

No. More like an old lady's rocking chair. Like Norman Bates' mummified mother's rocking chair.

REEEEEER, RUUUUUR, REEEEER, RUUUUUUR.

I breathe more deeply and the creaks grow louder, moaning their confirmation. Yes. An old lady's rocking chair.

The Dog jerks awake, gives a startled half-hearted bark, and begins gnawing on the corner of her doggie pillow. There must be a creaky old lady's rocker inside her bed too. I consider testing her method and chewing on the corner of my mattress, but ultimately decide against it.

Reeeeeer, ruuuuuuur, reeeeer, ruuuuuur. RER!RUR!RER!RUR!

Heh. It sounds funny when I breathe fast.

A train whistle blows in the distance. When the house is quiet enough for me to hear the trains, it means it's late. It means I should be sleeping.

But my head is too full of bother to make room for sleep.

There's been another incident with The Ex, and I need to think about how to handle it. But not tonight. I don't want to think about it tonight. Not on my kid's birthday. I want to think about anything else tonight.

Like how best to define the noise coming from my mattress.

Reeer, ruuuuur, reeeer, ruuuur...

4 comments:

Bobbi Janay said...

I don't know what happened but I hope the kid has a great birthday.

Momma Sunshine said...

Insomnia sucks. BAH!

T said...

What a funny post. Ok, I realize its not funny when you can't sleep but wow....

Hope its a nice birthday!

MindyMom said...

I'm the worst insomniac. Hate it. And my bed just started squeeking too. Sorry to hear about the Ex.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena