Monday, December 08, 2008

Catching on

A snippet of our dinner conversation, discussing the weekly homework packet The Kid forgot at school:

"You're going to have a lot of homework the rest of the week to make up for it."

"I know. I'll do six pages tomorrow!"

"At after-school care?"

"No. I'll bring it home, and you remind me as soon as I get here."

"But you're going to your dad's tomorrow night."

"Oh right. Well then he'll have to remind me."

[silence, while I heroically keep my sarcastic scoffs to myself]

"Wait. When I take things to my dad's, they usually get lost at my dad's. I better not take my homework there."

"I think that's probably a wise decision. I'll grab it tomorrow when I drop you off at school and I'll bring it home with me."

"Plus, Dad's not a very good reminder."

"Nope. He's good at other things though."

"Like what? Playing video games?"

My sentiments exactly. Except, of course, when The Kid says it, it sounds like a compliment.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena