Monday, November 17, 2008

The times, they are a changin'

For a little over a year, I've been having a recurring dream-scape. The dream itself is always a little different, the setting never quite the same. But it's always a hotel. A big, posh, skyscraper of a hotel. I am always lost, desperately searching for something. Often it's my room that I can't find. Sometimes it's a person I've lost. And at least half of the time, I'm searching for these things with a beast in hot pursuit. The dreams range from mildly disturbing to terrifying.

A few nights ago, I had another. But this one... it was different. For starters, it wasn't quite a hotel. It was still a skyscraper full of rooms with beds, but more of an apartment building, perhaps. And it was deserted, where the hotels are always overflowing with people. It was still disturbing - bad things had happened to all of the people who once lived in the building. But there was something reassuring about it as well.

There was a man in one of the abandoned apartments. At first, we could not communicate. We were ghosts in each other's worlds. But the longer we shared the haunted space the more connected we became, eventually each sensing the other's thoughts. That man made me sure that everything was going to change; that I had no need to worry; that everything was going to be all right.

That man was Jason Bateman.

I am taking this as a very, very good sign.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena