Saturday, November 22, 2008

Holy fuck, and other small bits of wisdom

I watched Kidd Pivot at On the Boards last night. I was amazed by the choreography: the timing, the phrasing, the staging. I was amazed by the dancers: their discipline, their articulation, their overwhelming talent that reaches out and slaps you across the face. And at the end of it all, I was left with this single, resounding thought: Holy. Fuck. For a more articulate reaction, check out what one of my favorite teachers had to say about it.

I miss being really good at something. I miss the mind-body-floor connection. I miss the whisper of bare feet against a marley floor. I miss having dancer legs.

I think I may have been inspired to get my butt back into a dance class.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena