Thursday, May 08, 2008

Things that never would've happened at my old job

The Boss and I stare at what used to be the cutting table. It's now scattered with envelopes in an array of sizes, along with a hodge podge of other business stationery items, all of which need to be redesigned and printed by month's end for a very important client.

The Boss: How are you feeling about all of this?

Me: There were no surprises in the latest email.

The Boss: So you're feeling somewhere in the middle?

Me: Yep.

The Boss: I'm getting that panicky feeling. [singing, to the tune of "You've Lost that Loving Feeling"] I've got that panicky feeling. Whoa, that panicky feeling.

Me: Nicely done.

The Boss: Really. I'm going to need a paper bag to breathe into.

Me: Ooh! This will fit your head! I know. I've already tried it.

And then, to demonstrate, I put my head inside a giant envelope and began taking long, deep breaths.

1 comment:

uncouthheathen said...

My boss sent us to a Chinese face-reading workshop and, a couple of times, has come over to do an energetic clearing of our house. I work in a law firm.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena