Monday, April 14, 2008

The End

There was a time when I would visit the internets at the end of a long day, and unwind by sharing a silly little story with you. It was a lovely time; a sunnier time; a happier time; a time before I'd made a commitment to myself to document the tale of My Family Roadtrip, a tale in which I lost interest during the trip itself. But there's this thing I do with commitments. I keep them. Faithfully. Without fail. At all costs. It is a sickness for which there is no cure. (And makes me a very good friend to have should you find yourself looking for someone to help you move, give you a ride to the airport, or bestow upon you a spare kidney.)

And so it shall be done this evening, the story of the Disney trip completed - mostly in photos because the only noteworthy thing that happened on the latter half of the trip was a visit to Alcatraz. (Unless you count the hour and a half I spent sitting on a chocolate Donald Duck, which I would prefer to never speak of again.)

So, without further ado, here it is: the grand finale. Try to keep your composure.

The Kid was completely mesmerized by the magical voice on the tape that always seemed to know exactly what he was looking at:


Our escape from the rock:


A final tickle war before heading home. I am wearing a shower cap. I do not know why.


Where are we? We are at Denny's, my mother's favorite road trip restaurant. Hoo. Ray.


And then we were home.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena