Sunday, March 23, 2008

Roadtrip: Episodes VII & VIII

Day 7. April 7, 2007. Carmel to San Lois Obispo.
We attempted to do some morning shopping before heading out of Carmel. This didn't go well, as The Kid was cranky and my mother insisted on continuing to speak to him. Carmel marks the fist place I've ever had to separate my son from his grandmother. I insisted that they walk on different sides of the street for the remainder of the morning, and didn't allow them to speak to each other for the first 20 minutes of the drive out of town. I even threatened to turn the car around and drive right back to Seattle, but The Kid didn't get it and my mom just scowled at me.

We stayed on 1 through Big Sur, which is an absolutely beautiful drive. Or so I hear. It was certainly the most beautiful view-obstructing fog I've ever seen. And then we drove to San Lois Obispo for the night, which - if I remember correctly - is where the Easter Bunny snuck into the bathroom in the middle of the night and successfully opened a bazillion cellophane wrappers to put together an Easter basket without waking The Kid. That Easter Bunny is one stealthy bastard.

Day 8. April 8, 2007. San Lois Obispo to Anaheim.
On day 8, we drove. We stopped at a Borders in San Lois Obispo to get the next book in the Lemony Snicket series for The Kid, and at a Borders in Santa Barbara to use the john. We got to Anaheim late in the evening and forced The Kid to stare at the Magic Kingdom from our castle-themed hotel across the street. Mwah ha ha ha.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena