Sunday, November 11, 2007

The plan, stan

You may recall that I took a little road trip with the fam in April, and I believe that I promised to post about it. Of course, I never did. But now, NOW I have the extra burden of coming up with one whole post every single day for the rest of the month. Plus, I need to write this down before I forget all the glorious details. So.

When I can come up with nothing else to say, I shall share my Disneyland trip with you, one day at a time. (Except the part about my dad, which I already told here.)

Day One. April 1st. Seattle to Salem.
The trip began as any good family road trip should: with me stepping in a giant pile of dog poo while loading up the car. And then it began to hail. Perfection. Several hours later, we'd make it an entire mile down the road to Taco Time for our first official road trip meal. This proved to be a huge mistake, as both my mother and son suffered some gastrointestinal distress as a result. All the way to the next state.

We stopped in Portland for dinner with my brother and his girlfriend. I LOVE my little brother, and even though he only lives 3 hours away, I almost never see him. This simple meal was one of my favorite moments of the entire trip.


We stopped in Salem for the night. This was very exciting for The Kid because a) the hotel had a pool and b) there were TWO TOILET DISPENSERS in the bathroom. It was very disappointing for The Kid because a) the pool wasn't heated and b) he didn't test it out before jumping in.

After the pool disappointment, we retreated to the room to play Army Guys, a game that involves lots of crawling around on the ground and saying "Roger." This is how my mother plays Army Guys.


She claims she was being a cannon.

We built The Kid a fox hole to sleep in, and while I tucked him in, my mom put in her eye drops. She has glaucoma, and instead of just smoking lots of pot like most glaucoma sufferers, she uses these drops that require her to close her eyes and press on their inner corners for two minutes. This was what she was doing when I climbed out of the fox hole, except that she was also bending forward at the waist. I thought maybe she had some new drops that required her head to be at a certain angle for the two minutes as well.

"You have to bend over like that to put in your drops?"

"What? Oh, no. I'm just farting."

Welcome to my family road trip.

1 comment:

Ann said...

"What? Oh, no. I'm just farting."

Too funny! I laughed so hard my DH was wondering why.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena