Thursday, November 22, 2007

More like her than I like to admit

It was just me and my mom at the Martini household today and, as such, we decided on less of a Thanksgiving feast and more of a regular ol' meal. Some people were appalled to hear that we were having quiche instead of turkey, but I feel confident that the pilgrims would've made the same decision if only they'd had access to frozen pie crusts. Or if more of them had been French.

I had to hand-copy three online recipes because, as it turns out, my printer isn't hooked up. (I say that as if it's a surprise. It's not. The printer cable went missing when my ex-husband moved out. Four years ago.) In copying the potato recipe, I delighted at this instruction: "Halve the potatoes and toss them into a large baking dish..." I wish more recipes included instructions to throw food. I'd probably cook a hell of a lot more often.

Later, while preparing what turned out to be an absolutely delicious quiche, I was distracted by a steady kathunk-giggle-kathunk-giggle-kathunk-giggle and turned to find my mother lobbing potatoes across the kitchen. And I was totally bummed out, because I wanted to be the one to toss the potatoes.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Maybe she'll let you toss the spuds next year.

And thanks for the link to the quiche!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena