Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Blog, interrupted

You may have noticed that I did not post yesterday, which means I'm on the nablopomo shit list. I have a good excuse though: I was at work until 8:00 or so and then on the phone, engaged in a heated argument until it was no longer 11/27. And I was pretty sure that interrupting the arguing to go blogging was not the best way to win the fight. Obviously, staying on the phone until you're an incoherent, sobbing, snotty, puffy-eyed mess with a raging headache is the way to go. So that is what I did, and do I ever feel like a winner now. Boy howdy.

So anyway, I'm actually more bummed about missing a day than you might imagine. Certainly more than I would've imagined. And it's not just because I'm now out of the running for one of these great prizes. It's because I like to write. Maybe not every day. Maybe not when it's forced upon me. Maybe not always in a public forum. But I like to write. And I don't often have time for things I actually enjoy doing. So this was something I signed up for in an attempt to force myself to spend some time every day (if only for November) engrossed in an enjoyable activity. I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to make it happen - that I couldn't find two minutes yesterday to type three sentences.

And also because I said I would do something, and then I didn't, and I have this whole Catholic guilt thing. The pope is disappointed in me, I just know it.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I think the pope will get over it.

I'm sorry you had one of THOSE kinds of arguments. And I'm sorry you missed a NaBloPoMo day because of it. That really sucks big fat rocks.

I'm beginning to get paranoid that I won't make it for some reason. With only two posts to go, I'm getting nervous. Silly, I know.

Definitely keep posting! I've really enjoyed your blog this month.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena