Friday, September 21, 2007

Irony

You know what I get a lot of phone calls about? Spreadsheets not printing correctly. The problem tends to be that people are trying to print using 8-1/2 x 11 paper, when they should be using 8-1/2 x 14. Now, sure, I can see why that would be your first choice. It's probably what's sitting in your printer at this very moment. But if you tried that, and it cut of the edge, maybe you might try moving up a size? But they don't, and it's always very confusing, and I get telephone calls from alarmed attorneys who believe the devil has possessed their printers in an attempt to collect their delinquent souls. And when I explain to them that they're simply using the wrong paper, I'm met with bewildered silence, like "What? You mean this stuff comes in different SIZES?!" And then I totally blow their minds, and tell them that it also comes in blue.

But here's the thing: Do you know what 8-1/2 x 14 sized paper is commonly called? You do don't you? You can totally see where I'm going with this, can't you? It's called LEGAL paper. You'd think an attorney or two might've heard of it.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena