Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Things you should know

This started as a list of my usual faults in romantic relationships, as a way to respond in kind to a recent conversation I was having with someone expressing a few of his own oft lamented idiosyncrasies. It quickly dissolved into a list of random facts and drink orders. Perhaps I should add "has trouble staying on task" to the list of faults.
  1. My past boy friends have told me many different things, but one thing they've ALL told me is that I'm too aloof. I'd argue, but I can't be bothered to care.
  2. I always play devil's advocate.
  3. I can not make a decision when I'm hungry. Or ever, for that matter.
  4. I don't believe in ghosts or love at first sight, but I've experienced them both.
  5. I am obsessive about studying those "have you seen me?" flyers that come in the mail.
  6. I repeatedly smell books as I read them. I would wear new book perfume if they made it.
  7. I am right-handed except when it comes to cartwheels. The rest of my body favors the left.
  8. I am deathly afraid of being chased. Tag scares the hell out of me.
  9. Fluffy pillows make me claustrophobic.
  10. I find nothing more vile than mashed potatoes that have been invaded by the juice from neighboring cranberry sauce.
  11. My least favorite word is "wick." As a noun, it's fine. Candles have wicks; I'm okay with that. As a verb, it makes my skin crawl. Wicking moisture? That's just nasty.
  12. I'm allergic to sulpha, amoxicillin and acetaminophen, which is good to know if you ever need to drive me to the hospital.
  13. The only bone I've ever broken is in my right pinky.
  14. I keep a running list of things I want to do before I die.
  15. I take my martinis with vodka and dirt; my margaritas on the rocks, no salt; my whiskey with soda; my beer cheap and crappy; my wine by the bottle. In the summer, I'm addicted to mojitos and mint juleps, but it's the mint, not the booze that I crave. When I'm feeling nostalgic, it's jack and coke.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena