Tuesday, May 15, 2007

His mohawk brings all the girls to the yard

Sometimes The Ex and I are on the same page. For instance, we both thought yesterday would be a good day to get The Kid a haircut. The Ex beat me to it though, and proved once again that there are many, many more times when we are NOT on the same page. Behold my punk rock offspring:


It's not that I'm opposed to mohawks, because I'm not. In fact, I think that my child happens to wear one quite well. Plus, it's his hair and he's free to do with it what he pleases. But I'm pretty sure he didn't come up with this particular concept all by himself, and I'm equally sure that his father gave very little thought to what the 'do would look like on those mornings (EVERY morning) that I don't have time to professionally style The Kid's locks before we head to preschool. I'm lucky if I find time to have him brush his teeth, let alone apply the three pounds of airplane glue required to get his hair to stand up like that.

"Don't worry," I was assured by The Ex, "I cut it so that he can mohawk it up, or wear it down and to the side like a skater 'do."

A skater 'do? Uh huh. I'm sure that's what Rosie O'Donnell's stylist told her too, and we all know how that turned out.


Mohawks on kids too young to execute the hawking themselves: Cute? Yes. Practical? Not so much. Way to take that into consideration, dad.

On the other hand, The Kid was a total chick magnet at preschool this morning.

1 comment:

Krista said...

he looks adorable. i was actually thinking about letting my 4 yr. to get one.... however, im not %100 sure. he is in preschool after all, a very classy one at that. lol... im just not sure what people will think. I mean its just a hair cut and i will grow back, but my family thinks it will be the end of the world.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena