Tuesday, March 13, 2007

On this day in 1953

I still have one of my wedding photos on display in my office at work. It's very confusing for many of my co-workers. Some know I'm divorced and are perplexd by the memento of a failed marriage. Others think I married a man clearly twice my age. The smart ones know it's a photo of me and my dad. It's one of the few I have of us together where I'm not wearing diapers, so I thought it was worth holding on to. It's also the photo that first introduced me to the startling prominence of my nose, but that's not the point. The point is that today would be my dad's 54th birthday and, as one of my favorite photos of us, I thought it a good time to scan the thing and share it.

Happy birthday, pops. The Rainier is chilled and ready in the fridge. Cheers to you.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena