Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Awkward

"That should take care of most of them in about a week. Check the area in a month and call if you see any sign of new termite activity."

"Okey dokey."

"Do you have any other questions?"

"Nope, I don't think so."

"Can I ask you one?"

"Okay."

"Are you single?"

As you know if you've spent any amount of time reading this blog, I am not at all accustomed to men asking me out. So startled was I, I answered him honestly. Immediately realizing my mistake I frantically tried to back peddle, but not before he managed to work in a dinner invitation. Finally relocating my ability to lie, I told him that I was actually seeing someone pretty regularly.

"Well, can I call you next week then to see how it goes?"

And now I'm confused. See how what goes? My next date with the guy? Or the impending deaths of thousands of termites? Because the answer to the latter would be a polite "yes, please" while the answer to the former would be a resounding "no, and now you're creeping me out." My blank stare must've provided the appropriate answer, and he finally walked out the door with the promise to not bother me any more.

My favorite part, had this been happening to someone else, would've been when he got half way to his truck, turned and called, "But don't let this stop you from calling if you see any termites..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Madam. I dig out septic systems and am also single. If you would like a septic system, and/or dinner, you just let me know.

--Freddy

Kelly said...

I can't stop giggling.... Let's all welcome "termite guy."

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena