Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Night of the living dead

I came home on Monday evening to find flowers in my mailbox, to which The Kid observed, "Huh. I wonder what those are for. Nobody wants to marry you." My sentiments exactly. It turns out they were "belated" birthday flowers - which is funny, given that my birthday isn't until next week - from a former love of mine, who I've not seen or spoken to (except for that one sort of accidental encounter) for many, many moons. The flowers were lovely, and the gesture was very sweet, very thoughtful, and much appreciated.

Later that night while I was cooking dinner, the phone rang. It was BBQ Boy, who I've been unsuccessfully blowing off for the past couple of months. It'd been about a week and a half since his last call (which I never returned), and I thought I was finally rid of him. Apparently not. (By the way, I really owe you guys a story on this one. I don't normally get into the details of my dating escapades, but the many oddities of BBQ Boy warrant an exception.)

To round out the night, I received an email from a friend who dropped off the face of the earth several months ago. Apparently he's managed to find his way back to the land of the living. From the sounds of it, his reappearance is largely due to his recent discovery that the mass transit system in Seattle should never, under any circumstances, be expected to operate like the NY subway system. Silly, silly east coast man.

This is all in addition to last week's brief reemergence of Home Depot Guy. They're crawling out of the woodwork, I tell you!

1 comment:

jacque g said...

When it rains, it pours! When are we going to go out for your birthday??

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena