Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Leaving me no room to argue

"Let's have crab cakes tonight. Do you know what crab cakes are?"

"Uh huh. They're crab that's been squished into a circle. But I hope they take the shell off first, or they'll be crunchy circles. But I don't like crab cakes."

"You LOVE crab. That's the whole reason I got these."

"I love CRAB. Not crab CAKES."

"What's the difference?"

[exasperated now because - duh - we've already been over this] "Crab cakes are CIRCLES."

"Well, we can UN-circle yours."

"Um, Mom? I don't like crab cakes."

"Have you ever even tried crab cakes?"

"No, but I know I don't like them."

[Total mom moment in 3... 2... 1...]

"How do you know you don't like them if you've never even tried them?"

"Because I'm the smartest man in the world."

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena