Thursday, September 21, 2006

Lowering my standards

A flurry of emails this afternoon revealed that my two single girlfriends have recently picked themselves up a pair of boyfriends. And they're not the only ones. Everywhere I look, people are coupling up. And me? I continue making my way through spatterings of very nice men, any one of whom would make a great pal.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not looking for much. I'm certainly not searching for a husband. I don't even necessarily want a boyfriend. But dating someone I actually like? Yeah, I think I could go for that. I honestly don't know what the problem is. It's not like I have unattainably high standards.

  1. Be taller than me. I'm only 5'4" people. Christ.
  2. Be smarter than me. I'm relatively intelligent, but there are many, many, many things I don't know. Pick one, and know more about it than I do. Voila.
  3. Have decent comic timing. It's hard not to make me laugh. Anyone with half a brain (see #2 above) can make a witty comment now and again.

It doesn't seem like it should be so difficult. But apparently I've been asking for too much, so excuse me for a moment while I revise my requirements:

Please don't be weird. And if being tall strikes your fancy, I'm certainly not going to try to talk you out of it. But mainly, just don't be weird. Mentally exist on this planet. That's all I'm asking.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena