Wednesday, July 12, 2006

How to impress me

  1. You get my contact information. Not the other way around.
  2. When you get in touch to set a date, be prepared with the beginnings of a plan. You should know if you're inviting me to drinks or dinner or a movie or even a rodeo. Inviting me to do "something" is a little vague.
  3. If your invitation is for dinner or drinks, bonus points will be awarded if you suggest a specific restaurant or bar.* Nothing wrong with showing that you've put a little bit of thought into it. (*This can be taken too far and, on the off chance that I don't care for your suggested restaurant or bar, points will be deducted if you're unwilling to change course.)
  4. Have some idea of when you'd like the date to occur. "Sometime" is not particularly helpful. Try "next Tuesday" or something equally specific. We can always discuss alternatives if I'm not available on your chosen day.

Well done, Mr. BBQ. It probably would've been easier to just ask me out at last week's party, but tracking me down after the fact works too. You covered all four points quite nicely and have earned yourself a date.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena