Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Simple pleasures

There's a woman I work with who, for some inexplicable reason, doesn't like me. In fact, I think it's probably safe to say that she abhors me. We apparently have a common love of all things Anthropologie, and own several of the exact same pieces - usually even in the same color. Whenever I spot her wearing one of my wardrobe items (like today's cute black sweater), I go out of my way to cheerfully coo "Oh my gosh, I LOOOOOVE your [insert clothing item here]!! I have that [clothing item] too! One of these days we're going to wear it on the same day - won't that be embarrassing?!" I relish her recoil and look of disgust, as if I'd just informed her of my plans to rub feces on her face, and happily continue down the hallway with an extra spring in my step. The absolute best is when I can identify the item as a bargain find from Urban Outfitters. It KILLS her when I call her out on that and she always loudly insists that hers is the authentic Anthropologie version. Not sure why it makes such a difference to her, but it does and I take every opportunity to toy with it. Which may explain why she despises me so. (Though, in my defense, it should be noted that she despised me prior to my using her as a source of entertainment.)

Playing with people's egos is so much fun. Perhaps that's why I'm so good at working with attorneys...

1 comment:

Angry Dissenter said...

. . .

*DO* you have plans to rub feces on her face? :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena