Sunday, April 30, 2006

One helluva week

Holy crap. I've been busy before, but never like this. I have three major projects going at work.

(Let me pause for a moment to define "major project." A major project is one that effects enough stress to put one in danger of spontaneous combustion. The warning label on the package of a "major project" clearly states: Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while undertaking major project. Children and pregnant women should consult a doctor prior to undertaking major project. Do not exceed recommended dosage of major project. Taking more than the recommended dose could cause serious problems such as brain hemorrhage, liver damage, and/or uncontrollable hissy fits. In case of accidental overdose (i.e., undertaking three major projects at once), see your psychologist immediately as you are obviously stark raving mad.)

So, as I was saying, I have THREE major projects going at work. Unfortunately, for the last week and a half I've also had daily emergency projects cropping up all over the place so I haven't been able to even think about my major projects. Which means I've been completely stressed out, bringing lots of work home, and getting no sleep.

No sleep until this weekend, that is. I slept ALL DAY Saturday while The Kid entertained himself with books on CD. I got up long enough to take a shower and drive to Taco Time for lunch, and then went straight back to bed and slept until dinner time. After putting The Kid to bed last night, I spent a few hours on work stuff before heading off to bed myself. I did a little better today, sleeping only until 11:00 and made it all the way to 4:00 before needing a nap. I'm now feeling almost back to normal.

Of course, I have at least four hours of work waiting for me before I can go to bed tonight. And I can't even think of all the home projects I should be doing. And just forget about anything that might lead to actually enjoying the beautiful Sunday afternoon outside my windows. Oh, woe is me.

There's this funny little voice in my head telling me that working myself to the point of exhaustion might not be the best way to spend my time. I'm thinking maybe I should listen to it. And I will, just as soon as I have the time...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena