Sunday, April 02, 2006

He's here, he's here, he's here!

Preggo finally popped (which means she'll need a new name now) yesterday morning. Actually, she didn't so much pop as split (via c-section). Whatever you call it, it brought forth into the world a perfectly formed 9lb 10oz baby boy, with the perfect amount of black hair.

He is adorable. And even though he's huge as far as newborns go, I am still blown away by how tiny he is. Tiny feet. Tiny hands. Tiny little face. (Enormous farts, though. Wow.) And, as I suspect all moms do upon holding a friend's newborn, I couldn't help but take a moment to reflect on the fact that my "baby" is decidedly not a baby anymore. For the most part, I'm quite pleased about that. But this little one was so precious, it was almost enough to make me wish I had another.

Almost. But not quite. Sleep is a many splendored thing.

Congratulations to Preggo on becoming a mommy. Congratulations to Baby on becoming a person. Neither task is easy to accomplish, and they should both feel proud. Good job guys - I love you both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn it, KB! It's my first day back to work 6 months later and you're killing me!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena