Monday, March 06, 2006

First impressions

I've only been here a few hours, but here's what I've got so far:
  1. People in Chicago have serious bowel issues, at least judging by the smell of their airport's bathrooms. Oy.
  2. I see brownstones. This makes me happy.
  3. Snow is REALLY cool in a city that knows how to handle it. (Snow in Seattle... not so impressive. The strange white rain confuses us, despite our plethera of SUVs.)
  4. I was expecting beautiful buildings. It's dark, sort of hard to tell... but I do believe my expectations have been exceeded.
  5. God bless mass transit. (Though, everytime I pass near the elevated system they've got going here, I hear Cartman singing "in the ghetto..." Which is strange, because I didn't see anyone living under it. It just looks very Batman Begins or something, and I guess it just seems like there should be evil villians under there.)
So far I am impressed, Chicago. Plus, my hotel room is ridiculously cute. I have a little mini-suite thing happening. And a doorman with a tophat. Heading out now for a walk, a bite to eat, and a little bit of exploring. I will try very hard to stifle the urge to sing "All That Jazz" as I walk down the street.

3 comments:

GSzeLi said...

Hi, I'm from Singapore. Just wanna tell you that I enjoyed reading your blog.

Addy said...

I was also in Chicago this weekend. I stayed at the Swissotel (Swiss HotelIt was an amazing experience. I'll have my Chi-town post up on my blog soon. You should visit, mayne you're in some of my pictures!

Addy said...

I apologize for my mis-spellings, my son was "helping" me type!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena