Tuesday, February 28, 2006

TheraFlu, take me away

I left work at 4:00 today, something that will shock my friends who've grown accustomed to my workaholic tendencies of late. I have a cold. And not just any cold, mind you, but the mother of all colds. This is the cold that beat up all the other little colds on the playground and stole their lunch money. This is the cold that laughs in the face of corporate cold medicines strong enough to restart a dead man's heart. This is the cold, most accurately, that was sneezed, coughed, and blown repeatedly in my face last week when The Kid had it. Aah, the joys of parenting.

After 12 straight hours last night of nightmarish NyQuil induced sleep (really, they should change their slogan to: "the nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, so you can rest and have creepy, disturbing dreams medicine"), I thought I'd be able to handle a day at the office. I was wrong. So now I'm home and happily surrendering myself to the couch, trashy TV, a hot bowl of soup, and my ever-trusty TheraFlu.

Wish me sweet dreams...

1 comment:

jacque said...

Yuck! Hope you are feeling better - or at least are playing hookie one more day!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena