Monday, February 13, 2006

New slang

It's been a rough couple of weeks - lots of new attorneys starting, huge parties to plan, plus all of the usual stuff - so most people are wandering the halls in a bit of a daze... and talking about codeine. "I love the new codeine." "Thank God for the codeine, or I wouldn't know what to do with myself." "All I need to make this a perfect day is some more codeine." "Have you tried the codeine yet?"

I was actually beginning to believe that my lack of TV viewing had me so out of touch with pop culture that I was entirely unaware that "I love codeine" was the new catch phrase - just like in the Seinfeld days when I couldn't figure out why everyone was telling me I couldn't have any soup.

Finally, when a coworker stuck her head in my office and asked if I wanted her to use the new codeine for gifts for our new employees, I could stand no more. In response to my "What the fuck?!" look, she nodded and pointed at my bulletin board. I quickly scanned the board for clues - telephone list, a 2005 calendar, expense codes for Accounting, 2006 marketing goals, a bunch of old business cards...

Wait. Expense codes for Accounting. New codes. Which we use for coding. Coding. CODING, not codeine. C-O-D-I-N-G!!

Oh. My. God. I'm a moron.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena