Saturday, January 07, 2006

Someday my prince will come

I just got back from my friend's 40th birthday party. The first thing I have to say is that all of my friends need to stop slackin' and start having some babies. Many of Birthday Girl's friends have kids, and it's SO much easier. The kids all go and play together, and the adults are allowed wine and adult conversation. Simply glorious.

It was a splendid party, held at the lovely Coffee to a Tea with Sugar in West Seattle. Aside from the fact that Mr. and Mrs. Birthday Girl throw kid-friendly parties, I also love them for the fact that they throw semi-dressy parties. There's very little occasion in Seattle to dress up, so I appreciate the opportunity. And all their friends are very fashionable in an artsy sort of way, so it's as close to watching a runway show as I'll ever get.

So they've already got two points (kid-friendly and semi-dressy) in their favor. Throw in good (free) food and wine, and I was a pretty happy camper. And then to top it all off, the best kitschy lounge act I've ever seen was performed by Mr. Birthday Girl (stage name: Kyle ManLove). Sadly, you had to be there to truly appreciate it - it's definitely not something that would translate well via written word - but trust me when I say it was hysterically funny. Laugh so hard you puke funny.

Someday I will find someone willing to go to that extent just to make me laugh...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena