Monday, January 02, 2006

Holy Crap, it's 2006

Happy New Year! I'll just skip straight to the resolutions part, because that's what you're supposed to do and damn if I'm not a conformist. (Note mine are pretty easy. I don't believe in challenging myself...)

  1. See my brother.
  2. Stop working so much and take a real vacation.
  3. Get back on a regular schedule of dance, yoga and pilates.
  4. Finish the patio or have the house painted. Both, for extra credit.
  5. Make a will - the single most important document you can have as a divorced mom with crazy ex-inlaws.

Along with looking forward to the coming year, I believe it's also important to look back and note lessons learned:

  1. Men with girlfriends don't make good dates.
  2. Never attempt a home improvement project by yourself if you can afford to pay someone else to do it for you.
  3. Don't plan a trip to New Orleans during hurricane season.
  4. Don't chew hard candy.
  5. If you insist on remaining friends with former classmates, make sure the one voted "Future Car Salesman" in the high school year book never finds out you rigged the vote. Or at least make sure Future Car Salesman has a nice ass, because you'll still be kissing it 11 years later when the joke's still funny enough to be a topic for dinner conversation.

I think that's about enough reflecting for one night. And I've got some work to do to prep for a conference call early tomorrow morning. (So much for resolution #2...)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena