Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Oh god, I'm one of THOSE people

You know my type:

I work late every night and come in most weekends...
I consistently blow off plans - or don't even bother making them - with friends because I got stuck at the office...
My workaholic friends tell me I need to take a vacation...
I have nightmares about being buried alive by interoffice envelopes...
I accessorize with the ever stylish paper box, because the cute-yet-sophisticated satchel is no longer large enough to accommodate all the files I take home every night...
I have vending machine "dinners" and then try to blame my softening belly on my recent 30th birthday...
I constantly whine about how tired I am...
Except when I'm whining about how underpaid I am...

This is not good. This is not right. What happened to all my plans? I was supposed to spend my life as a sporadically employed modern dancer, not an ass kissing corporate whore. My inner starving artist is appalled. Or at least she would be, if she hadn't gotten so used to a steady paycheck and the steady meals that go along with it...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena