Monday, November 14, 2005

Things I learned this weekend

  1. Thou shalt not talk shit about people getting flu shots. A swift punishment will be sure to find you... most likely in the form of the flu.
  2. No on loves me. Already knew this one, but nothing brings it home like not having someone around who's obligated to feel sorry for you.
  3. There's nothing worse than feeling nauseous and lonely at the same time.
  4. I do, however, have a pretty kick-ass friend who does quite nicely in a pinch.
  5. You don't know how dirty your toilet is until you're hugging it.
  6. A four year old wishing you "Good luck with that" as you cling to the toilet is funny even when you feel like shit.
  7. Laughing while vomiting is not a good idea.
  8. Throat coat tea is almost as soothing coming up as it is going down.
  9. Nothing gives a more frightening glimpse into the psyche like apocalyptic fever-induced dreams. Apparently my deepest fears involve protecting Riley from alien invasions, zombies, and Hannibal Lector hiding in our bathroom.
  10. Fever medication isn't worth much if you can't keep it down.
  11. Pychosomatic medicines are best. Listening to Dylan and watching The Simpsons made me feel much better than choking down chicken soup and tea.
  12. Once I'm able to keep fever meds down, there's no amount of sickness that keeps me from cleaning my house.
  13. Riley will someday make some woman (or man - let's not box him in) very happy. At four, he's a much sweeter, more considerate, and attentive nurse maid than most grown men I've had the pleasure of living with.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Bummer! At least it sounds like he didn't throw a tantrum while you were throwing up!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena