Friday, November 04, 2005

Quality dinner conversation

Sometimes I say things out loud when I mean to just think them. Things like: "Ugh. My boobs hurt." Which prompts conversations like this with the kid:

- [giggles] That's funny.
- Why is that funny?
- I don't know. Cuz your boobs are funny.
- [indignantly] Hey!
- I have boobies, but mine are small. When I get big, I'll have big boobs too.
- [smirks] Oh yeah?
- Yeah. Not too big. Just sort of big... [giggles] but still bigger than yours.

Did I just get insulted by a four year old? I'm impressed with his wit, but we're eating dinner so I decide a subject change is in order.

- How was preschool?
- Good. Teacher Noreen won't let me say "booty" cuz it's potty talk.
- That sounds reasonable. Why do you want to say "booty"?
- It's how you say "bum" in Spanish.

Y'all know I'm a sucker for a man who can make me laugh. No wonder I love this kid so much.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena