Thursday, October 27, 2005

Moral Dilemma

I have opinions. And dammit, they're good ones. So good, that it's probably in my state's/country's best interest that I impose them on my less intelligent neighbors and community members. I know what we should do about the monorail. I know whether a tunnel or new viaduct would be best. I know how to improve our education system. I know that protecting my air is more important than protecting the laps of stripclub patrons. And I CERTAINLY know who should not be president.

So say, hypothetically of course, that there was some apparent confusion at the voter registration office when I went back to my maiden name - confusion that led to the mailing of not one, not two, but THREE absentee ballots, all with different variations of my name. Would a good citizen throw the two incorrect ballots away, or would a good citizen take the opportunity to save her fellow Americans?

Ask not what your country can do for you...

1 comment:

jacque g said...

Wahoo on the blog, KB. Can't wait to hear the circumstances by whence it came about!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena