Friday, October 28, 2005

Future Rock Star

My kid loves his music, and actually has pretty good taste. His current favorites are The Vines, Modest Mouse, and The White Stripes. While most children his age are singing "you are my sunshine," my kid busts out with lines like "She never loved me - She never loved me - She never loved me - Why should anyone" while strumming his guitar or beating out an avant-garde rhythm on his mini drum set. (He's WAY too cool for that "wheels on the bus" bs.) Ever working to hone his craft, he recently decided to expand into song writing as well. The lyrics of his first masterpiece:

My name is Riley and I'm crazy
I wear my shirt on backwards
I run my head into the wall
I'm Riley and I'm crazy
I make up funny names
and say pookee pookee

I don't know what it means, but I like it. Rock on, little dude!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

Made by Lena